- Type: T5 / 74 / PC74
- Dual Polarity (can be inserted with contacts in either direction)
- Widely used in gauge clusters, switches, stock radios, climate control, and warning and indicator lamps.
- White is universally acceptable for the above uses.
- Blue / Green can be used interchangeably behind blue and green filters.
- Red can generally only be used behind an orange or red filter.
- Amber can generally only be used behind yellow/amber lens.
- Red tends to appear very dim compared to other color lights.
Jeep Cherokee XJ 1997-2001: Gauge Cluster
- Five Stock Backlight bulbs have reusable sockets
- Replacing any other bulb with this LED requires replacement sockets (PN 1WL-20N)
- Recommend for replacing commonly used indicator lights such as turn signals, cruise control, high-beam, and 4x4. Turn signals may flash in sync with any lights connected the 'dim' interior lighting signal, such as radio and computer displays due to common-ground feedback.
- Not Recommended for replacing warning lights (check engine, check gauges, airbag fault, etc) because there is little benefit due to how seldom those lamps and used. The stock bulbs are also proven to be highly reliable, while LEDs are unfortunately, not.
Jeep Cherokee XJ 1984-1996: Warning Lights, Rocker Switch, Climate Control
- These LEDs are confirmed to be great replacements for rocker switch backlight and warning lamps. Stock sockets are generally reusable, but there may be cases where new sockets are needed.
- 1WL-20P is generally better for climate control use than this light for the 96 and earlier XJ.
Jeep Wrangler TJ 1997-2006 Gauge Cluster
- Main cluster Backlight (5 pieces ?) reuses existing sockets.
- Replacing any other bulb in the gauge cluster requires replacement sockets (1WL-20N) AND removal or modification of the gauge cluster's rear protective cover. There is not enough clearance between the gauge cluster and the protective cover for the new sockets to fit. Removal or modification (cutting holes into the cover) may increase risk of water intrusion should a windshield seal fail, the windshield be left down, or the vehicle exposed to heavy rain with the top removed.
Jeep Cherokee ZJ 1993-1998 (Unknown)
Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ 1999-2004 (Unknown)